db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy J. Wisniewski <tjw3...@gmail.com>
Subject create table parse error
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:42:35 GMT
Hi,

If I issue the command with ij

create table testing (open int not null);

I get the error

ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "open" at line 1, column 23.

However, the command

create table testing (open2 int not null);

works fine.  The problem is that the open column name is being interpreted as a
result set command from within the middle of the create SQL, and not a column
name.  I can quote open, and it works, but it seems screwy the column name is
not parsed right without quotes.  Similar problem with a column name "close".

My question, should Derby fix this?  Should a bug be filed?  Is Derby's parser
based on ANTLR of something similar?

-Tim