db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with build.xml so that DataDictionary class will compile with jdk1.5 and higher...
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:45:40 GMT
Hi,

I am adding an import of java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor in
org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.DataDictionary and when I compile
it without any changes to build.xml, I ofcourse get errors for that
import because it is only available in jdk1.5 and higher.

In order to fix this, I have made changes to
org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.build.xml (attached to this mail) so that
DataDictionary is excluded from compile with jdk1.4 and will be
compiled with jdk1.6 But that is not fixing the problem. I was
wondering if someone more familiar with build.xml can help me on this?
This is my first time trying to add a new target and my attempt at
changes in this build.xml are based on other build.xmls in the Derby
engine code.

thanks,
Mamta
ps this is a temporary thing to put something jdk1.5 specific in
DataDictionary. I later plan subclass it and then jdk1.5 specific
stuff will go into that new class. But I will have to go through the
same exercise of changing build,xml for that new file and hence this
exercise of changing the build.xml will be useful later.