db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject CHANGES or CHANGES.html
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:21:42 GMT
Over the past couple releases, the CHANGES file has morphed into
CHANGES.html. The latter appears to be a subset of the bugs listed in
RELEASE_NOTES.html. Myrna has summarized the discussion about this
evolution here (together with pointers to related threads):
http://www.nabble.com/beta-build-version-td16160833.html#a16164519

I don't see much use for the CHANGES(.html) file in 10.4.2. The 10.4.2
RELEASE_NOTES are compact enough and subsetting the bug fixes doesn't
make much sense to me. I'm inclined to omit this file from tomorrow's
release candidate unless someone objects strongly.

Thanks,
-Rick