db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject doc fixes in 10.4.2
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:47:15 GMT
I have also hand compared the subversion logs for the trunk and 10.4
docs. I recommend porting the following fix from the trunk to 10.4
because the underlying code change has been ported (note that this issue
has just been re-opened):

DERBY-3745 Derby can leak classloaders in an app server environment

The following docs fixes have already been ported from the trunk to
10.4. Thanks for everyone's help so far:

DERBY-3779: Add client side JDBC statement pool documentation
DERBY-3640: Beef up the CREATE TABLE section of the Reference Guide with
an example of how to declare a table function.
DERBY-3629: Tools Guide should document continuation marker for ij
DERBY-3622: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EMPTY_STATEMENT_CACHE needs a better
description in the reference manual
DERBY-3579: The Developer's Guide incorrectly describes the behavior of
transactions inside procedures and functions
DERBY-2320: Example in DEGREES function is not appropriate.

The following docs fixes have accumulated in the trunk but not been
ported to 10.4 yet. If you'd like to port some of these to 10.4, you
still have 3 weeks:

DERBY-3745 Derby can leak classloaders in an app server environment
DERBY-3668: Remove JDBC 3.0-specific topics from Reference Manual and
merge implementation notes as needed
DERBY-3612: Developer's Guide needs correction on garbage collection
DERBY-3409: Remove JDBC 2.0-specific topics from Reference Manual and
merge implementation notes as needed

Regards,
-Rick