db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject [DISCUSS] Process for contribution of translated message files
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:01:18 GMT
The legal-discuss alias has discussed the process of contributing
localized message files to Derby. Two email threads touch this topic on

  Blanket software grant
  Question about handling external updates to contributed files

I would like to try to summarize these threads:

1) There seems to be consensus that these files can be checked in under
a committer's ICLA. The committer would enjoy extra protection if the
contributing company's CCLA explicitly granted permission for these

2) Although the localizations were prepared by people who have not
signed ICLAs, a commit-by-proxy of their contributions is allowed under
section 4 of the committer's ICLA. See

3) It would be good to document these conclusions on a wiki page.

If the community agrees with these conclusions, then I propose to check
in the 10.4 localizations under my ICLA. In addition, I propose to

A) Capture this discussion on a wiki page

B) Point to that wiki page from my localization JIRA:

Please let me know whether you think this is acceptable.

View raw message