db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Dealing with patches
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:17:29 GMT
Erlend Birkenes wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How do people deal with working on several issues at the same time? It
> gets complicated when I work on several issues and have to make
> patches for each one. Right now I have separate copies of the whole
> tree but that gets unpractical.. It would be nice to have several
> local trees that I could switch between, where all of them could
> easily be updated from the repository. It would also be nice to have
> my own local version control, so I can commit and revert my own stuff.
> I've only used SVN so far, but I know there are several other systems
> that maybe can do this for me.
>
> Before I start experimenting I would like to know how other people
> solve this. So, whats the best way?
>

> -Erlend
Hi Erlend,

I keep multiple Derby subversion clients on my local machine, one for
each trunk issue I am working on, one for each branch that I work in,
and one for each doc branch that I work in. I also maintain a tarball of
the latest trunk snapshot. I use this tarball to quickly create new
trunk clients when I want to start work on a new issue. Periodically I
delete old clients.

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Regards,