db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From elecharny <elecha...@iktek.com>
Subject Re: simpler api to the Derby store
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:18:39 GMT

The Directory project is currently using JDBM, but I would love to see Derby
offering a BTree implementation that would fit our needs. I see many
advantages :
- diversity is good.
- Derby is Apache
- as far as I can see on
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/btree_package.html, Derby BTree offers
some functions JDBM does not have

Now, I also love JDBM, because it's fast, it's simple, it's light.

I would encourage Derby and JDBM teams to collaborate in order to get this
proposal becoming reality. If this is not possible, well, not a big deal. We
already have a JDBM backend based implementation, and as we now have a new
API to cover our backend, implementing the future Derby-Lite BTree
implementation is certainly something we will do.

So go ahead, kick the tires !