db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Sun classes imported by Derby code
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:24:32 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> As an experiment, I built Derby using the Apache Harmony jars instead
> of the jdk14 libraries. When I did this, I discovered Derby references
> to classes in packages under com.sun.tools. Those reference appear in
> our javadoc Taglet classes under
> java/build/org/apache/derbyBuild/javadoc. This seems unclean to me. I
> would welcome advice about how to handle this.

Hi Rick,

That does seem to be the documented way[1] to write taglets.
According to Harmony's roadmap[2], they haven't implemented the
javadoc tool yet.

Do the taglets need to be compiled against the JDK 1.4 libraries?
Since they are only used by the build system, I think it should be OK
to compile them against the class libraries of Ant's default JDK (the
one JAVA_HOME points to). In that case, it should work as long as
JAVA_HOME points to a JDK that contains these packages.

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javadoc/taglet/overview.html
[2] http://harmony.apache.org/roadmap.html

--
Knut Anders