db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: categorizing JIRAs
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:28:30 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> I'm going through our outstanding bugs now and finding that I would
> like to divide them into the following buckets:

I think something that can make us more efficient in categorizing bugs
and retaining the result of such analyses longer is useful, cf. the
list we keep for high value fixes. Maintaining manual lists is
tedious, though.

We already use the category fields for tagging "newcomer" issues, so
why not augment that with suitable tags?  Since an issue can have many
categories it seems suited to tagging.  I guess the flags field is a
good candidate location too - "regression" seem to be a similar tag -
but maybe flags are harder to add?

> Data Corruptions
> Crashes
> Wrong Results

+1

> Security Holes

We already have a security category. But I guess we could use this one
as well? +0.5

> Slowness

+1

> Exceptions