db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby crash (urgent)
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:18:34 GMT
Bassel_kh <bkhashfeh@hotmail.com> writes:

> Actually, I removed C3P0 totally, and upgraded derby to 10.4, the new
> Exception occured:

Hi,

Did you create a new database after upgrading to Derby 10.4, or did you
continue with an old database created with an earlier version of Derby?
I'm asking this to find out if this is a new bug or a know bug that was
fixed in Derby 10.4. If the database has become corrupted (as we know
could happen with some of the 10.2 and 10.3 releases), upgrading Derby
won't help you accessing that database.

> I got tired of using Derby, It is not that professional, and still not
> stable!!

If it is possible, it would be great if you could post some code to
reproduce the problem. That would be very helpful for those who would
like to track it down and make Derby more stable.

> Also new bug came today: Inconsistent index!!

My guess is that it is probably not a new bug, just a different
manifestation of the same one. Since it seems like your database has
become corrupted, all sorts of errors may happen, and the exact error
message may vary depending on which operation is performed when the
damaged data is accessed.

--
Knut Anders