db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Suran Jayathilaka" <suran...@gmail.com>
Subject DERBY-3706 - Editing message properties files to remove timestamp placeholders
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:25:23 GMT
Hi,

This In relation to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3706 .

A consistent way of printing a timestamp with all console messages
would mean doing so in the NetworkServerControlImpl.consoleMessage()
method.
However, this would be redundant for messages that are passed in to
consoleMessage() with a timestamp already included.

e.g.
Server start and shutdown messages localized from
messages_<lang>.propertes will have timestamps set in them, since they
have placeholders for a timestamp.

DRDA_Ready.I={1} Network Server - {2} started and ready to accept
connections on port {0} at {3}

Therefore, if consoleMessage() is to add the timestamps to every
message, it would be necessary to edit these properties files to
remove the timestamp placeholders from those message.

e.g.

DRDA_Ready.I={1} Network Server - {2} started and ready to accept
connections on port {0}

Is this appropriate? Is there a reason why this kind of a change
should not be applied?

Thanks.
Suran