db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: categorizing JIRAs
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:18:51 GMT
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Dag H. Wanvik <Dag.Wanvik@sun.com> wrote:
> A small
> issue, we now have Security both as a component and as a category.  So
> far, for example when doing work relating to security I have ticked
> off the Security component as well as any other component affected,
> e.g. SQL. I think we could continue to do that when developing
> security related features which is by nature a cross-cutting aspect.
>
> So, what should be use the security category for?

I would suggest transitioning anything marked as component security to
the new security category and removing the security component
completely. Security is an aspect of a component, not a component
itself.

> An alternative is to drop the security component and just keep the
> category (for simplicity). Too many options lead to choice problems :)

+1

> +1 to move over regression from Info to Category if it doesn't create
> +too much havoc.

+1. I couldn't find anything in the current release tools that
reference this field. Please speak up if you know otherwise...

> I suggest:
>
> "Categories for Derby issues (Performance, Security, etc.) that don't
> fit in the component list"

+1, changed it to this

There hasn't been any negative reaction to the new 'Categories' custom
field. I'll start transitioning issues to the new categories soon.
Others should feel free to do this as well.

Thanks,
andrew