db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Knut Anders Hatlen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-1726) Make i18n/LocalizedDisplay.sql and i18n/LocalizedConnectionAttribute.sql behave equally on different platforms
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:13:45 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1726?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12606722#action_12606722
] 

Knut Anders Hatlen commented on DERBY-1726:
-------------------------------------------

Thanks for making these changes, Myrna!

> (...) and of course had to convert LocalizedConnectionAttribute.sql
> to ISO-8559-1

For some strange reason, I didn't have to make any changes to the sql
file when I tried to change Cp850 to ISO-8859-1 before I suggested
that change. Probably ran the test against old classes. Sorry about
that. I manage to get the tests running with the #5 patch.

> The only issue I've left is that this fails for me with weme6.1.
> Is this a JVM issue or something with JSR169?

What kind of failure are you seeing? If it's a timezone problem, you
could check what java.util.TimeZone.getAvailableIDs() returns. If the
timezone isn't supported in a JVM, we could skip the test in that
environment (similar to the collation tests, which are skipped if the
JVM doesn't have collators for the locales they are going to test).

I didn't notice until now, but LocalizedConnectionAttribute.out
doesn't have any non-ASCII characters. Instead, it has question marks
where the non-ASCII characters should have been. Don't know why it
happens, but it seems like there's something wrong with the output
encoding.

Similarly, LocalizedDisplay.sql and LocalizedDisplay.out don't have
any non-ASCII characters. They have used some kind of escape sequences
instead (\uXXXX), which doesn't make much sense given that ij
interprets them as sequences of ASCII characters, not as single
non-ASCII characters. So this test isn't actually testing localized
display.

DisplayScriptTest sets derby.ui.codeSet (capital S), whereas
AttributeScriptTest sets derby.ui.codeset (small s). I'm not sure
which is correct. Perhaps they both are.

> Make i18n/LocalizedDisplay.sql and i18n/LocalizedConnectionAttribute.sql behave equally
on different platforms
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-1726
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1726
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Test
>    Affects Versions: 10.2.1.6
>            Reporter: Knut Anders Hatlen
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: DERBY-1726_1.diff, DERBY-1726_2.diff, DERBY-1726_3.diff, DERBY-1726_3.stat,
DERBY-1726_4.diff, DERBY-1726_5.diff, props.java
>
>
> Myrna van Lunteren commented on DERBY-244:
> The one remark I have is that I still cannot get the LocalizedDisplay.sql and LocalizedConnectionAttribute.sql
test from the i18n directory to behave the same under windows and Linux (with sun jdk 1.4.2.).
> For windows, I had to update the masters for these tests, but running them on Linux still
failed for me.
> With jdk131, ibm131 and ibm142 the LocalizedDisplay.sql test hung, and LocalizedConnectionAttribute
exits with a MalformedInputException.
> It would be nice if we could figure out a way to add these tests to the suites...
> --- stack of LocalizedConnectionAttribute on Linux ---
> Exception in thread "main" sun.io.MalformedInputException
>         at sun.io.ByteToCharUTF8.convert(ByteToCharUTF8.java(Compiled Code))
>         at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInto(StreamDecoder.java:287)
>         at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:337)
>         at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:223)
>         at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:208)
>         at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:153)
>         at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:316)
>         at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:379)
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest.setDirectories(RunTest.java:729)
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest.main(RunTest.java:262)
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message