db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Junjie Peng (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-3724) Converting big.sql to JUnit
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:21:45 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3724?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12606435#action_12606435

Junjie Peng commented on DERBY-3724:

    Thank you for the verbose instructions from you and Kathey! I accept your comments and
will do the improvement. It seems most of my problem comes from not so good understanding
of BaseJDBCTestCase, and I will reuse more reusable things.     
   ---My IDE is Eclipse on Windows XP, I use subclipse to check and create the patch, the
result starts with
 "Index: D:/myproject/java/eclipse/javaderdy/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/BigDataTest.java
--- D:/myproject/java/eclipse/javaderdy/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/BigDataTest.java
(revision 0)
+++ D:/myproject/java/eclipse/javaderdy/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/BigDataTest.java
(revision 0)"

  I do know why it doesn't include a revision number. And "D:/myproject/java/eclipse/java"
was deleted by hand. I have done another testing --- if I change a class file which has been
submitted, the patch will include some Non-ASCII code. Maybe I should try SVN.

   ----Besides, I have another question:
        Where to put unit test codes for the unit test itself?  When I do this converting,
I have a trouble in doing unit testing for my new test case. So far, I just put the testing
codes in the same class file, then delete all of them before submit. It is not so smart. How
should we deal with this problem?
     Thank you!

> Converting big.sql  to JUnit 
> -----------------------------
>                 Key: DERBY-3724
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3724
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Test
>         Environment: windows XP Professional SP2, 
>            Reporter: Junjie Peng
>            Assignee: Junjie Peng
>             Fix For:
>         Attachments: patch.txt
>   Original Estimate: 168h
>  Remaining Estimate: 168h
> It is a task of "Converting old tests to JUnit ". It request coverting  "derdy/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/big.sql"
into a junit. Also, it is a task of 2008 GSoc.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message