db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: enhancement request on tinderbox reporting
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:24:41 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:
> I really appreciate the tinderbox tests as they exist, it is nice
> to get immediate feedback on checkins.
>
> I think it is nice to strive for 0 errors in tinderbox runs on at
> least trunk and latest release branch.  So would like to highlight
> any errors in those environments.
>
> I tend to just visit the top level tinderbox report screen, for
> instance here for 10.4:
> http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_10.4_16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/index.html
>

> and then was
> assuming that test had no failures by looking at the short failures
> column.  I just noticed that the tinderbox now runs more tests, and
> at least one of the replication tests has been failing for awhile.
>
> It would be nice if the top level reported in short hand on all tests
> run, and if list got notice if tinderbox is getting any error.  This
> may be happening in trunk, I just was looking at 10.4.

The mail reports for tinderbox tests now include all tests run (not only
suitesAll and derbyall).

The top level web reports still only report the number of errors in
derbyall and suitesAll, but now also show if there are errors in *any*
of the tests run by coloring the entry red. So you will see '[0/0,0]' in
red if some of the other tests reported errors.

> Also it would be nice if 10.4 tinderbox errors were being reported to
> list also, since this is the latest release branch.

Mail reports for 10.4 tinderbox runs with failure has now been enabled.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway