db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: simpler api to the Derby store
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:57:06 GMT
Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् wrote:
> Can there be a derby sub-project which can focus on a derby_lite for
> these kind of requirements?
>
> If by enabling a repackaging derby can grow it's userbase would it be nice?
> --Noble

I think a subproject is a possibility. I don't know much about how
Apache subprojects work. My hope would be that contributions to Derby
Lite would also be contributions to Derby. So, for instance, if a Derby
Lite user added backward scanning of btrees, then it would be great if
that work were checked into Derby Classic so that someone working in the
Derby SQL interpreter could take advantage of it.

Thanks,
-Rick