db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject enhancement request on tinderbox reporting
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:01:38 GMT
I really appreciate the tinderbox tests as they exist, it is nice
to get immediate feedback on checkins.

I think it is nice to strive for 0 errors in tinderbox runs on at
least trunk and latest release branch.  So would like to highlight
any errors in those environments.

I tend to just visit the top level tinderbox report screen, for
instance here for 10.4:
http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_10.4_16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/index.html

and then was
assuming that test had no failures by looking at the short failures
column.  I just noticed that the tinderbox now runs more tests, and
at least one of the replication tests has been failing for awhile.

It would be nice if the top level reported in short hand on all tests
run, and if list got notice if tinderbox is getting any error.  This
may be happening in trunk, I just was looking at 10.4.

Also it would be nice if 10.4 tinderbox errors were being reported to
list also, since this is the latest release branch.