db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-3706 - Editing message properties files to remove timestamp placeholders
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:53:43 GMT
> DRDA_Ready.I={1} Network Server - {2} started and ready to accept
> connections on port {0} at {3}
>
> Therefore, if consoleMessage() is to add the timestamps to every
> message, it would be necessary to edit these properties files to
> remove the timestamp placeholders from those message.

How many such messages are there? It seems like it would be OK if
a couple messages had redundant timestamps in them. I think it would
also be fine to edit those messages to remove the redundant timestamps.

Can you show some examples of how the actual output will look, both
with and without the redundant timestamps?

thanks,

bryan