db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Advice in debugging plan selection
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:07:28 GMT
Thanks Army for the help.

Army wrote:
> This is probably silly, but have you confirmed that the property is in
> fact being set correctly?  If you output the value of the "noTimeout"
> field from the OptimizerImpl constructor, does it return "true"?
Yes, it seems to be set correctly and return true.

> To see if memory is an issue for the hash join, maybe search for
> "memoryUsageOK" in OptimizerImpl and print out the results of those
> calls...?
Both when the test succeeds and when it fails it skips due to excess
memory usage twice leading up to the point of failure, so I am assuming
that is the same for both runs.

I'll try your other suggestions and get back.    I wonder also if it is
worth trying the patch for DERBY-1905 to see if that resolves the out of
whack costs.

Thanks again for the help.

View raw message