db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject categorizing JIRAs
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:18:12 GMT
I'm going through our outstanding bugs now and finding that I would like
to divide them into the following buckets:

Data Corruptions
Crashes
Wrong Results
Security Holes
Slowness
Exceptions
Other bugs

I could just categorize the bugs outside JIRA, but that approach
promises to give me a stale list which will be out-of-date soon. I'd
prefer to categorize the bugs in JIRA itself. What's the best way to
approach this problem:

1) Break up the initial "Bug" Type into these sub-categories.

2) Add these categories as Derby flags alongside "Patch available" and
"Regression"

3) Add these categories as components alongside JDBC, SQL, and Store.

I would your thoughts about how to add this extra categorization--plus
your thoughts about what other categories would be useful.

Thanks,
-Rick