db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Changes to the STATUS file
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:47:58 GMT
Narayanan wrote:
> Kristian Waagan wrote:
>> 4) Indent the list of committers in a consistent way.
>>

> The list of committers are just additions by respective committers to
> this file. For most people
> this is their first commit. I personally would like this to remain the
> way it is.

As far as I can see, the full history of the lines in the file can
always be dug out by using svn.

The current situation is that almost all lines naming a committer have
been touched by someone else after the first commit.
The six that still have the original committer as "owner" can be left
alone, and the situation won't be any different than it is at the moment.

We could also consider sorting the entries. If we ever agree on that, I
think user name is the best option, as there won't be any ambiguities /
confusion.

My reason for suggesting a reindentation is only because I think the
text looks messy in its current form. That said, I have no problems
leaving the text as it is if there are good reasons for doing so.

regards,
--
Kristian