db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Is xml-apis.jar still needed?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 13:11:54 GMT
Hi Knut,

I think that xml-apis.jar was added in revision 395643. Here's the svn
info entry for that submission:

r395643 | fuzzylogic | 2006-04-20 10:07:39 -0700 (Thu, 20 Apr 2006) | 4
lines

DERBY-1078: Move more files to 1.3 source/target tags. Add xml-api jars to
compile XML classes with 1.3. Break shared hierarchy up into 1.3 and 1.4
parts.
JDK 1.3 now passes basic tests when compiled with 1.5.

I have repeated your experiment of successfully building Derby without
xml-apis.jar. Narayanan raises a cautionary note about running the xml
tests so I'm running all the regression tests now. I'll let you know how
it turns out.

Thanks,
-Rick