db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Erlend Birkenes (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-1764) Rewrite stress.multi as a JUnit test
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:23:45 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1764?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Erlend Birkenes updated DERBY-1764:

    Attachment: DERBY-1764-V2.diff

There was a severe error in the last patch that caused it to not handle exceptions like it
should. Sorry about that!! :-(

Here is a new version. This time it should work better. It works perfectly for me in all my

I had alot of trouble setting up the CleanDataBaseSetup and encryptedDatabase decorators in
a way that would work properly, but it works now in every way I could think of testing. However,
there is still a fairly long delay (like 30-40 sec) after the fixtures before the test "completes"
and this seems to be related to the CleanDataBaseSetup somehow (or maybe it's the encryptedDatabase
that does it, i'm not really sure..). I don't know what it's doing or if thats normal.
It's not the threads though. I ran it through TPTP trying to figure it out and the threads
and fixtures runs fine and terminates when they are supposed to. But i'm not very experienced
with TPTP so I couldn't quite figure it out.. 

I also added it to suites.All and junit-all,  removed it from derbyall and deleted the old
files this time.

I also included a test called StressMulti10x1 (1 minute) for easy and quick testing.

Please test. 


> Rewrite stress.multi as a JUnit test
> ------------------------------------
>                 Key: DERBY-1764
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1764
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Test
>          Components: Test
>            Reporter: Knut Anders Hatlen
>            Assignee: Erlend Birkenes
>         Attachments: derby-1764-derby.log, DERBY-1764-Review.diff, DERBY-1764-V1.diff,
> Currently, stress.multi consists of a number of sql scripts that are run in ij. It often
fails with cryptic error messages, and since it uses ij, there is often no stack trace. It
would be very useful to rewrite the test in JUnit so that we can get better error messages
and stack traces when it fails.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message