db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: squeezing some multi-processing out of the nightly test runs?
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 22:07:53 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> I don't know how much work is needed to make the junit tests
> independent of the port number. I can't find a JIRA which lists all of
> the problem cases. However, the following JIRAs may be helpful:
> DERBY-2440 and DERBY-2404.

When I last looked at this (DERBY-2440), what was missing for
suites.All was just a way to specify at runtime which default port to
use (instead of using the default in
TestConfiguration#DEFAULT_PORT. But new tests have been added since
then, and those may or may not heed TestConfiguration#DEFAULT_PORT.