db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Coding standards
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 14:04:18 GMT

> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>
>> Here's what the community approved:
>> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE---Approve-coding-conventions-for-the-Derby-project-td5771191.html

>> We are supposed to use spaces rather than tabs and indentation
>> should be 4 spaces according to the included standard
>> (http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html). However,
>> we also allowed ourselves plenty of wiggle room in old code.
> Well there were quite a few rumblings during the vote so I am not
> totally sure it passed or at least that consensus was reached.

Do rumblings nullify the results of a vote? According to the voting
guidelines [1], votes on procedural issues have passed if there are more
favourable votes than unfavourable ones, which I think was the case in
that vote. Also, no one can veto a vote on a procedural issue.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--
Knut Anders