db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 14:06:43 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> Mike Matrigali wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> I have marked 10.3.3.0 as released on May 12. I double-checked that
>>> it now appears as a released version when I try to create a new
>>> JIRA. Let me know if there's still some tweaking to be done here.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -Rick
>>>
>> Thanks, I just updated an issue using this new field, so worked for me.
>> Is there any automated process where we could change all those bugs
>> marked fixed in the unreleased version of 10.2.2 as fixed in
>> released
>> version 10.3.3.0?
> Hi Mike,
>
> I see there are 2 unreleased versions on the 10.2 branch: 10.2.2.1 and
> 10.2.3.0. I think you are asking whether all of the bugs marked fixed
> in those two unreleases could be bulk-marked as also fixed in
> 10.3.3.0. Knut pointed me at the instructions for merging
> releases. The merging process seems to remove the source unreleases
> from JIRA, which is not what I think you're requesting.

I might have misunderstood, but I read "10.2.2" as "10.3.2.2" since the
issue Mike updated (DERBY-3362) had its fix-version changed from
10.3.2.2 to 10.3.3.0. Bulk updating all issues fixed on 10.2.2.x to say
10.3.3.0 is not a good idea, in my opinion. If we start doing these
updates, where should we stop? Should we mark those bugs that are fixed
in 10.0.2.x as fixed in all subsequent releases as well?

> Can someone point us at instructions for bulk-marking issues?

I could, but only if you promise that you won't do it... ;)

--
Knut Anders