db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: I want to convert a test.
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 12:47:17 GMT
Narayanan <V.Narayanan@Sun.COM> writes:

> Narayanan wrote:
>> Svein Erik Reknes Løvland wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to convert a test from the old harness to JUnit. Any
>>> suggestions on which test I might work on?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Svein Erik
>>>

>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2514
>>
>> tagged as newcomer, seems fairly easy for starters,
>>
>> You might also want to look into closely at the comments by Myrna,
>>
>> Narayanan
> You can also take a look at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1903
>
> This is a bigger one than 2514, I guess if you want to look at a
> simple one first 2514 is better.

Hi Svein Erik,

Thanks for volunteering to do this! If you feel that you need more
things to do, I'm sure everyone would be happy to see
lang/predicatePushdown.sql converted to JUnit. I don't think that the
conversion should be too difficult, but it's a fairly large SQL script
so it may take some time. This test causes some noise in the nightly
regression tests (DERBY-1720, DERBY-1902) because it sometimes prints
different runtime statistics and therefore fails, even though the
differences are not relevant to what is tested. In JUnit, it would be
easier to check only the relevant parts of the statistics, and we could
hopefully reduce the noise from that test.

--
Knut Anders