db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release notes from deprecated releases
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 19:20:37 GMT
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> > On 5/22/08, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> > For 10.3, would it be sufficient to add svn links to the RELEASE-NOTES
> > with certain revisions on our web site?
> > something like:
> > for 10.3.1.4:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.3/RELEASE-NOTES.html?revision=561793&content-type=text%2Fplain
> > for 10.3.2.1:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.3/RELEASE-NOTES.html?revision=599095&content-type=text%2Fplain
> >

> I think that's a good suggestion, although when I click on those links, my
> browser spins unproductively.

Hm, not sure what that's all about, but I got html source with firefox
(html with windows explorer)...Possibly this is related to the problem
with testing/README.htm...
So maybe this isn't such a good idea?

> For the release notes bundled in the distributions, maybe a given
> RELEASE_NOTES.html should contain a link to the release notes of the
> previous release (along the lines of what you're suggesting for the 10.3.3
> download page). We could teach the release notes generator how to do this.
> Over time, the daisy chain would be long enough to be useful.

If we're going to teach the generator more tricks, maybe the new
RELEASE-NOTES.html can just include a section for the RELEASE-NOTES of
each official release (on the same branch)...If the resulting file
isn't too unwieldy.

> Regards,
> -Rick
Myrna