db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release notes from deprecated releases
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 18:02:58 GMT
> The 10.3.2 and 10.3.1 releases have disappeared from our download page. I
> think that's good because those releases exposed a serious data corruption
> bug. However, now that those releases have disappeared, how will users
> retrieve the incremental release notes from 10.3.2 and 10.3.1?
> Unfortunately, the 10.3.3 release notes are not sufficient for a user who is
> upgrading from 10.2.2. That is because the 10.3.3 release notes only
> describe the delta between 10.3.3 and 10.3.2. Users will also want to
> understand the important compatibility issues documented in the 10.3.1
> release notes. How should we get this information to our users?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

I was thinking about the same thing...

Maybe we should start including earlier release notes on the same
branch in subsequent releases, calling them e.g.
10.3.1.4_RELEASE-NOTES.html and .10.3.2.1_RELEASE-NOTES.html

For 10.3, would it be sufficient to add svn links to the RELEASE-NOTES
with certain revisions on our web site?
something like:
for 10.3.1.4:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.3/RELEASE-NOTES.html?revision=561793&content-type=text%2Fplain