db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: MBeans errors on 10.4 head
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 12:22:50 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> On trunk of 10.4 I see these (all MBEans related)
>
> There was 1 failure:
> 1) testStartStopManagementFromApplication(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.management.ManagementMBeanTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
expected:<2> but was:<5>
> 	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.management.ManagementMBeanTest.startStopManagement(ManagementMBeanTest.java:86)

This looks like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3561 - and I
thought (hoping) that it was fixed in both trunk and 10.4.

I have so far not been able to reproduce this - which JVM are you using?

[snip]
> FAILURES!!!
> Tests run: 10396,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 42
>
> This I have seen before, but the following avalance of errors I have
> not seen.. Any other seen these?
>
> Dag
>
> -------------------------------- errors:
> There were 42 errors:
> 1) testDerbyJarAttributeAlpha(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.management.VersionMBeanTest)javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException:
java.lang.SecurityException: access denied (org.apache.derby.security.SystemPermission engine
monitor)
[snip]
> 2) testDerbynetJarAttributeAlpha(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.management.VersionMBeanTest)javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException:
java.lang.SecurityException: access denied (org.apache.derby.security.SystemPermission server
monitor)

I have not seen these before. I'm not able to reproduce on JDK 1.5.0_13,
will try JDK 6 later.

Dag, if you are able to reproduce, what does your environment look like?

Looks like something is messed up with either the security policy in use
or the SystemPermission implementation (?)... but if it's intermittent,
I don't know what it could be at this point.

Also, I am not able to reproduce DERBY-3689 (related failures), neither
on trunk nor 10.4.

--
John