db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 14:27:57 GMT
Rick Hillegas skrev:
> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> I see there are 2 unreleased versions on the 10.2 branch: 10.2.2.1 and
>>> 10.2.3.0. I think you are asking whether all of the bugs marked fixed
>>> in those two unreleases could be bulk-marked as also fixed in
>>> 10.3.3.0. Knut pointed me at the instructions for merging
>>> releases. The merging process seems to remove the source unreleases
>>> from JIRA, which is not what I think you're requesting.
>>>

>> I might have misunderstood, but I read "10.2.2" as "10.3.2.2" since the
>> issue Mike updated (DERBY-3362) had its fix-version changed from
>> 10.3.2.2 to 10.3.3.0. Bulk updating all issues fixed on 10.2.2.x to say
>> 10.3.3.0 is not a good idea, in my opinion. If we start doing these
>> updates, where should we stop? Should we mark those bugs that are fixed
>> in 10.0.2.x as fixed in all subsequent releases as well?
>>

>>> Can someone point us at instructions for bulk-marking issues?
>>>

>> I could, but only if you promise that you won't do it... ;)
>>

> Ah, but Kristian has sent the instructions already!  It sounds as
> though Mike could follow Kristian's instructions if he is confident
> that it's the right thing to do.

Mike is free to try, but I know you need a special Jira permission to do
it. I do now know, however, to whom this permission is granted :)
And I don't believe I have the karma to look it up either... I believe
those listed as administrators have it.

BTW; Jira was bounced earlier today. Seems like it might be getting into
trouble again, as I'm getting "Service Temporarily Unavailable" now and
then.

--
Kristian