db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space on the page
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 15:45:58 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>>> Limitation: Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space
>>> on the page. Use the parameters derby.storage.pageSize and/or
>>> derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work around this limitation.
>>>
>> I have not seen this. Does it cause a test to fail or just show up in
>> the derby.log?
>
> It doesn't seem to cause any tests to fail, it's just captured in
> the junitreport output file. The test name in the junitreport is
> reported as "unknown".

I just ran junitreport on a Solaris 10 x86 machine using JDK 1.5.0_14, and the
jdbcapi._Suite failed in one test with the same error message. The suite's xml
report contained the test class name:

<testcase
classname="org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.SetTransactionIsolationTest$1"
name="unknown" time="0.0010">    <error message="Limitation: Record cannot be
updated or inserted due to lack of space on the page. Use the parameters
derby.storage.pageSize and/or derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work around
this limitation."
type="org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException">java.sql.SQLException:
Limitation: Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space on the
page. Use the parameters derby.storage.pageSize and/or
derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work around this limitation.
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(SQLExceptionFactory.java:45)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Util.java:201)
(...)

The stack trace seems to be the same as Bryan's, so I'm not posting it here.

--
John