db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: location of derbyTesting.jar (again)
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 13:41:22 GMT
Svein Erik Reknes Løvland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently downloaded the bin release of 10.4.1.3 and ran some tests
> on it. I found that derbyTesting.jar was located in $DERBY_HOME/test
> and not in $DERBY_HOME/lib which makes me wounder if the patch I
> submitted to DERBY-3638 was wrong? Why the inconsistency with the
> location of derbyTesting.jar ? Which location is "correct", or have I
> misunderstood something?

Hi Svein Erik,

The location of the jar files in the 10.4.1.3 distribution looks right
to me. The lib directory is supposed to hold the product jars, that is,
the jars which we expect people will typically bundle with their own
applications. We don't expect that people will bundle our tests with
their applications, so when we generate a release we put the tests in a
separate location.

Regards,
-Rick