db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dave66 <drvyv...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: running unit tests on IBM Java 6 on Ubuntu 7
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 16:53:48 GMT

I have just hit the same problem - but using Ubuntu 7.10's out-of-the box
Java
which is: Java 1.5.0 - gic (GNU libgc) version 4.2.1 (Ubuntu
4.2.1-5ubuntu5).

I installed IBM's Java 6 JRE after reading this post and I don't get the
problem anymore.

Previously I was able to start the Derby Network Server (10.3 and 10.4) via
a Java program
using Ubuntu's default Java 1.5, but it core dumped when I tried running SQL
queries against
it... This is also fixed using IBM's java 6.

Thanks
David