db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: 10.4 Release Notes
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:27:00 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> Hi Dyre,
>
> Where would I go to find the latest version of the 10.4 release notes?
> The version bundled with the 10.4 beta seems to be sketchy. What's
> checked into the 10.4 branch appears to be a preliminary version of
> the 10.3 release notes. In the past, we've done a bad job of giving
> the release manager timely feedback on the release notes. The result
> has been that the release manager has had to re-spin release
> candidates just to correct the notes. I was hoping that we could give
> you timelier feedback this time around.
>
> My recommendation would be for you to check your latest version into
> the 10.4 branch. As people give you feedback this week, you can check
> in improved versions. However, if you are publishing your interim
> version someplace else, that can work too.

I'm on it, but so far the release notes don't appear to be compatible
with our release note machinery:

genrelnotes:
[generateReleaseNotes] [Fatal Error] :86:95: The element type "br" must be terminated by the
matching end-tag "</br>".
[generateReleaseNotes] The following JIRA issues still need release notes or the release notes
provided are unreadable:
[generateReleaseNotes]  DERBY-3073      SQL roles: add parser support
[generateReleaseNotes]  DERBY-3023      Different result rows depending on the sequence of
INNER JOIN and OUTER JOIN
[generateReleaseNotes]  DERBY-2925      Prevent export from overwriting existing files
[generateReleaseNotes]  DERBY-2351      ORDER BY with expression with distinct in the select
list returns incorrect result
[generateReleaseNotes] The following other errors occurred:
[generateReleaseNotes]
[generateReleaseNotes] Unable to read or parse release note for DERBY-2351: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>".
[generateReleaseNotes] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "br" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</br>".
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:98)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.derbyBuild.ReleaseNoteReader.getReleaseNote(ReleaseNoteReader.java:130)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.derbyBuild.ReleaseNotesGenerator.getReleaseNote(ReleaseNotesGenerator.java:724)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.derbyBuild.ReleaseNotesGenerator.buildIssuesList(ReleaseNotesGenerator.java:650)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.derbyBuild.ReleaseNotesGenerator.execute(ReleaseNotesGenerator.java:382)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1216)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1185)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:40)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1068)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:668)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:187)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:246)
[generateReleaseNotes]  at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:67)

Can those working on the relevant issues please take a look?

Thanks,

--
dt