db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: 10.3.3 release
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:37:04 GMT
Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> The 10.3 branch has accumulated almost 90 fixes, we've had users
> asking if we're going to make another release on the 10.3 branch, and
> we have a corruption bug that has been fixed that we should be warning
> our users about and providing an official release to fix.
>
> While I'm somewhat short on time, I intend to create a 10.3 release as
> soon as I can. I am currently cranking a 10.3 release build to see if
> I'm missing any details. I'm probably not up to speed on the current
> release notes generation process, but I'm hoping this doesn't slow me
> down much.

Fwiw, my experience from 10.4 is that you need to patch the code to make
it work. I'm working on a cleanup of both tools that I plan to commit to
trunk at some point, but I don't know if it will be ready by the time
you need it...

There is a Jira for this, DERBY-3598. There is a preliminary patch there
which I used to create the release notes and changes for 10.4, but I'm
working on implementing Rick's suggestion.

> I'll post my 'test candidate' as soon as I have it so
> others can check it for flaws. After that, I'll post a real 10.3.3
> candidate and call for a vote. If anyone wants to help out, feel free
> to pitch in testing, checking the release notes or whatever.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, especially
> if there are specific fixes that you think ought to go in a new 10.3
> release that might not have been merged from the trunk yet. I already
> see that Kathey has suggested we wait for another fix she's got ready
> for the 10.3 branch. That should be fine, as I'm not sure that I'll
> have time to create a real release candidate until the weekend. I'm
> shooting to have a release candidate posted this weekend, with voting
> going next week and the announcement going out next Friday.

Thanks for offering to do this.

--
dt