db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: 10.4 docs on the web page
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:27:58 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> "John H. Embretsen" <John.Embretsen@Sun.COM> writes:
>> The web page for documentation -
>> http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html - currently includes links
>> to doc versions
>> - alpha (trunk)
>> - 10.3
>> - 10.2
>> - 10.1
>> - 10.0
>> Would it be possible to upload 10.4 docs and add them to this list?
>> This will make it easier for us to refer users to docs for
>> 10.4-specific features.
> A very good point. Thanks for pointing this out, John.
> I'm guessing that in order to do this I need to upload and unpack the
> 10.4 docs under /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4

This is not quite as straight-forward as I had anticipated. It seems
that the directory structure under /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3 is
rather different from what you find inside the
db-derby- In the former the html and the pdf appears to
be merged into the same dir, and db-derby- dir
appears to be

So is there a script or program to transfrom a *-bin.zip into a 10.x
directory suitable for the website? I could do it manually, but it seems
easier just to let the links on the doc page reflect the directory
structure found the zip file?

View raw message