db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Problems with ant genchanges
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:29:02 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted only those issues that were not already fixed in an already
> released version...I think the tool automatically picked the last
> released version (in my case, 10.2.2.0), but because of the two
> versions off the 10.2 branch, there were a number of issues that had
> been backported earlier, and were actually fixed in 10.2.1.6;  hence
> that release shows up as to be excluded in the ChangesFileGenerator.
>
> I think you'd want everything that's marked fixed 10.4.0.0, and
> 10.4.1.0, except if it's marked also fixed in 10.3.1.4, 10.3.1.5
> (which issues would've gotten included into 10.3.2.1), or 10.3.2.1
> which was also a released version, for those would likely be things
> that have gotten backported after the initial release off the 10.3
> branch. Issues that got marked fixed in 10.3.2.2 (in addition to
> 10.4.0) would be ok to pick up. I think that's all the versions?
>
> The ChangesFileGenerator should get modified...
>
> I hope this makes sense...

Yes, I think I see what you mean. The problem is that neither the
ReleaseNoteGenerator or the ChangesGenerator will filter out those
issues already fixed in an update release (without special patching),
and there doesn't seem to be a way to search for 'fixVersion == 10.4.*
&& !(fixVersion == 10.3.2.1 || fixVersion == 10.3.1.4) in Jira. (You
can't negate a field predicate).

I guess it would be possible to modify the generators to use table
functions and SQL to get the correct set of Jira issues. But for the upcoming
release candidate I'm just going to patch this by hand.

--
dt