db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: some comments on the 10.4 beta distribution
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:16:22 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

>>> I'm wondering how much of this is covered by step 1 under
>>> 'Check-ins just before generating release artifacts' in the relase
>>> instructions on the Wiki:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease
>> Those instructions are actually a bit terse. The actual wording is
>> "Also adjust version numbers in documentation by modifying the
>> appropriate *conrefs.dita files."
>> There are actually a number of such files
>> dt136804@khepri32~/derby/docs-10.4$ find . -name '*conrefs.dita'
>> ./src/ja_JP/getstart/gsconrefs.dita
>> ./src/ja_JP/conrefs.dita
>> ./src/pt_BR/adminguide/adminconrefs.dita
>> ./src/pt_BR/ref/refconrefs.dita
>> ./src/pt_BR/getstart/gsconrefs.dita
>> ./src/conrefs.dita
>> ./conrefs.dita
>> I assume that only those under src are of interest. Seems only two files
>> actually conatin the string '10.3':
>> M      src/conrefs.dita
>> M      src/ja_JP/conrefs.dita
>> If that's all that needs to be done, I can check in the change.
> Actually, I can't because I can no longer build the 10.4 doc branch. I
> was trying to figure out what had happened, but now svn seems to be
> down...

svn is back up and it seems like the following revision introduced the

dt136804@khepri32~/derby/docs-10.4$ svn log -r 641931
r641931 | chaase3 | 2008-03-27 19:15:04 +0100 (Thu, 27 Mar 2008) | 4 lines

DERBY-3169: Add documentation for replication

New files for Admin Guide, Reference Manual, Tuning Derby; modified Derby properties table
in Tuning Guide.

Do I need a new DITA version or something to build after this?

The error message I get is:

/export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/build.xml:196: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
/export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/build.xml:215: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
/export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/conductor.xml:209: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
/export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/ditatargets.xml:78: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: file:///export/home/tmp/derby/docs-10.4/out/ref/refderby.fo:6749:258:
Error(6749/258): fo:basic-link, Missing attribute:  Either external-destination or internal-destination
must be specified.

Total time: 8 minutes 40 seconds

View raw message