db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: 10.4 Jira filters available
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 08:59:24 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> Dyre Tjeldvoll wrote:
>> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>>
>>> Or perhaps two different queries would be better? For improvement and
>>> wish, I think it makes sense to list all, since people who want to
>>> improve something on trunk only often skip the affects version or set it
>>> to the current trunk version. For bugs, the above query looks fine.
>>
>> Probably. But I don't know how amenable the release note utility is
>> to taking more than one file as input. Since the input is in the
>> form of an xml-file, you can't just concatenate the results from two
>> queries and feed it to the release note generator. Maybe it would be
>> possible to merge the xml-files by hand, but I have not looked at
>> the format so I don't know how easy that would be...
>>

>> Dyre
>>
> I'll bet that we could tweak this code to wrap an XmlVTI around each
> of the input files. The two VTIs could then be unioned and sorted by
> release id. The release note generator could then walk the merged
> ResultSet and throw away duplicate keys.

I have mofified the 'Derby 10.4 Fixed Bugs' filter to only select issues
of type 'Bug'.

I created another filter 'Derby 10.4 Improvements':

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12312524

It lists 45 issues, but I feel that most of them do not belong in the
release notes. There are a couple of exceptions, e.g.

dt