db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4 Jira filters available
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:24:38 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have create two public Jira filter, 'Derby 10.4 Release Note' and
> 'Derby 10.4 Fixed Bugs' which I plan to use when generating the release
> notes. Links and a brief description can be found at
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenFourRelease#head-5813efb99ae539012107121e6ad4005f77edc6a5
>
> Please let me know if you have comments or suggestions.

Hi Dyre,

I'm wondering if the Fixed Bugs filter should be limited to those bugs
that were reported against released versions. For example, it now
reports bugs like these (not a complete list)

 DERBY-3528 ReplicationSuite tests hang when running on jvm 1.5, jvm 1.4
 DERBY-3508 Log receiver thread fails with NPE at failover when master has died
 DERBY-3499 testStartStopManagementFromApplication junit test failure in nightly test suite.
 DERBY-3493 stress.multi times out waiting on testers with blocked testers waiting on the
same statement

all of which were bugs introduced and fixed on trunk, and never seen in
an official release. I'm not sure we want to list those bugs in the
release notes.

--
Knut Anders