db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.3.3 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:46:01 GMT
Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:37 AM,  <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
>> Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>  Fwiw, my experience from 10.4 is that you need to patch the code to make
>>  it work. I'm working on a cleanup of both tools that I plan to commit to
>>  trunk at some point, but I don't know if it will be ready by the time
>>  you need it...
>
> I didn't seem to have a problem, actually since a search for just bugs
> in release 10.3.2.2 turned out pretty much the list of changes I
> expected to see.
>
>>  > I'll post my 'test candidate' as soon as I have it so
>>  > others can check it for flaws. After that, I'll post a real 10.3.3
>>  > candidate and call for a vote. If anyone wants to help out, feel free
>>  > to pitch in testing, checking the release notes or whatever.
>
> OK, my 'test candidate' is up at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/

Wow, that was quick! :)

I'm afraid I'm not able to access the files. Perhaps you forgot to make
them world readable?

> I put the RELEASE-NOTES.html and CHANGES.html in that directory as
> well so you don't need to download the whole package to review those
> if that's all you want to review. The release notes obviously need
> some work, I'll finesse those a bit tomorrow.
>
> Then, as mentioned before, last call will be Friday, and I'll build
> the candidate Friday or this weekend and call for a vote, with voting
> ending next Wednesday. I'd like to have a 72-hour vote for this since
> it's a bugfix off the branch, so the announcement can go out mid-week.
> Please let me know if you think we should give it a full week.

The only problem I see with a 72-hour vote, is that the bylaws of the DB
PMC[1] require at least 7 days, unless a majority of the PMC members
have voted +1 (or -1) before that:

  The minimum and default requirement for a passing vote is simple
  majority of PMC members casting ballots. The default voting period is
  10 days and the minimum is 7 days unless the success or failure is
  arithmetically known.

[1] http://db.apache.org/management.html

--
Knut Anders