db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:11:39 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Please test and vote on the 10.4.1.3 release candidate, available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dyre/derby-10.4.1.3-RC/

I have run some sanity tests on the lib distribution and the bin
distribution, all of which passed. I have also verified that all the MD5
sums and PGP signatures are correct, and that the src distribution
builds. (I noticed however that the src distribution would create an
insane build by default. A clean checkout of the source from the
repository will create a sane build by default.)

I found one discrepancy between the tar.gz files and the zip files (in
addition to the expected CRLF vs LF differences). In
db-derby-snapshot-10.4.1.3-648739.tar.gz, the bin directory is empty,
whereas the corresponding zip file contains all the bin scripts. But the
snapshot files are not supposed to be released, are they?

Based on my testing and the results reported by others, I vote +1 to
make the 10.4.1.3 release candidate an official release.

--
Knut Anders