db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:34:55 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:
>>
>>> Please test and vote on the 10.4.1.3 release candidate, available at:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~dyre/derby-10.4.1.3-RC/
>>
>> (I noticed however that the src distribution would create an
>> insane build by default. A clean checkout of the source from the
>> repository will create a sane build by default.)
>
> And that is not how it is supposed to be? Does it mean that something
> was wrong with my settings when I built the release?

I don't know how it is supposed to be, but 10.3.2.1, 10.3.1.4 and
10.2.2.0 also have insane as default. 10.1.3.1 had sane as
default. After "ant clobber", all of them have sane as default. I just
realized that the source distribution also includes the files generated
by JavaCC (not introduced in this release) although they are not needed
since javacc.jar is shipped with the sources.

Anyway, none of these issues should hold the release. The change from
sane to insane may even have been intentional. I was just a little
surprised that the source distribution wasn't identical to what we'd get
from "svn export".

--
Knut Anders