db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:19:48 GMT
On 4/23/08, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> > The polls have closed. By unanimous consent and 3 binding PMC
> > votes, the 10.4.1.3 release candidate has been approved as a
> > proper release.
> > Not a ringing endorsement, but approved nonetheless. (I will place the
> release artifacts in the mirror directory when
> > I get the final version of the eclipse plugin).
> >

> Sorry, I would have voted but I thought the vote was extended until Friday.
> For what it's worth I did some compatibility testing, running modified 10.3
> tests  (10.3.2.1_test branch) against 10.4 with no errors and did some basic
> JMX testing with Jconsole which seemed to go fine.  I am having some trouble
> connecting with SSL programatically, but I suspect user error. So a belated
>
> +1
>
> from me.
>
> Kathey

I was not quite ready to vote, still looking into some issues on
iseries, would've liked to see if DERBY-3594 & DERBY-3595 are test
issues or code, as those were the only real regressions I saw over
10.3...and I would like to have done some manual
hardware-crash-and-recovery testing..
But I feel confident enough in the testing I've done so far to give a +0.5.

Myrna