db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.3.3 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:12:42 GMT
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Knut Anders Hatlen
<Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:
>
>  > OK, my 'test candidate' is up at:
>  >
>  > http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/
>
>  Wow, that was quick! :)
>
>  I'm afraid I'm not able to access the files. Perhaps you forgot to make
>  them world readable?

I thought I checked this, but maybe I had no problem accessing them
via the web because it's my account. Chmod'ed the files all public
just to be sure. Note no signatures, version number is wrong, etc. I
was just trying to make sure I didn't miss something generating the
files. The candidate I post a vote for will be a real candidate.

>  The only problem I see with a 72-hour vote, is that the bylaws of the DB
>  PMC[1] require at least 7 days, unless a majority of the PMC members
>  have voted +1 (or -1) before that:
>
>   The minimum and default requirement for a passing vote is simple
>   majority of PMC members casting ballots. The default voting period is
>   10 days and the minimum is 7 days unless the success or failure is
>   arithmetically known.
>
>  [1] http://db.apache.org/management.html

Yes, that is the policy, isn't it. :-)

I have no problem calling for a vote Friday, May 2, or thereabouts,
and ending it and announcing it on the Monday ten days later, May 12
if there are no issues that come up and everyone is ok with the
release. I'm hoping to get consensus earlier rather than later, and to
avoid publishing an announcement near a weekend.

So, I will amend my plan. Last call is still this Friday, build and
vote posted then or on the weekend, with the vote closing Monday, May
12 and announcement shortly thereafter. Please let me know if anyone
feels they need more time.

Thanks,
andrew