db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.3.3 release
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:36:42 GMT
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:37 AM,  <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:
>
>  Fwiw, my experience from 10.4 is that you need to patch the code to make
>  it work. I'm working on a cleanup of both tools that I plan to commit to
>  trunk at some point, but I don't know if it will be ready by the time
>  you need it...

I didn't seem to have a problem, actually since a search for just bugs
in release 10.3.2.2 turned out pretty much the list of changes I
expected to see.

>  > I'll post my 'test candidate' as soon as I have it so
>  > others can check it for flaws. After that, I'll post a real 10.3.3
>  > candidate and call for a vote. If anyone wants to help out, feel free
>  > to pitch in testing, checking the release notes or whatever.

OK, my 'test candidate' is up at:

http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/

I put the RELEASE-NOTES.html and CHANGES.html in that directory as
well so you don't need to download the whole package to review those
if that's all you want to review. The release notes obviously need
some work, I'll finesse those a bit tomorrow.

Then, as mentioned before, last call will be Friday, and I'll build
the candidate Friday or this weekend and call for a vote, with voting
ending next Wednesday. I'd like to have a 72-hour vote for this since
it's a bugfix off the branch, so the announcement can go out mid-week.
Please let me know if you think we should give it a full week.

Thanks,
andrew