db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject 10.3.3 release
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:04:22 GMT
Hi all,

The 10.3 branch has accumulated almost 90 fixes, we've had users
asking if we're going to make another release on the 10.3 branch, and
we have a corruption bug that has been fixed that we should be warning
our users about and providing an official release to fix.

While I'm somewhat short on time, I intend to create a 10.3 release as
soon as I can. I am currently cranking a 10.3 release build to see if
I'm missing any details. I'm probably not up to speed on the current
release notes generation process, but I'm hoping this doesn't slow me
down much. I'll post my 'test candidate' as soon as I have it so
others can check it for flaws. After that, I'll post a real 10.3.3
candidate and call for a vote. If anyone wants to help out, feel free
to pitch in testing, checking the release notes or whatever.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, especially
if there are specific fixes that you think ought to go in a new 10.3
release that might not have been merged from the trunk yet. I already
see that Kathey has suggested we wait for another fix she's got ready
for the 10.3 branch. That should be fine, as I'm not sure that I'll
have time to create a real release candidate until the weekend. I'm
shooting to have a release candidate posted this weekend, with voting
going next week and the announcement going out next Friday.

Thanks,
andrew