db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal for Review] The fix for DERBY-3347 is important enough for the Development Community to issue a recommendation the User Community to upgrade.
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 01:22:39 GMT
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Stanley Bradbury
<Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Would a PMC member volunteer to sponsor this post?  Having an acknowledged
> leader of the development community would give the recommendation more
> weight in many circles.
>  Can the recommendation, if posted, be identified as being made by or at
> least supported by the Development Community or a majority of the
> Development Community?  Again this would give more weight and bring more
> attention to the recommendation.  As currently worded the recommendation has
> no author other than the sender of the message.

I think this is a very good idea. I also think that a 10.3 release
might be in order, and it would make sense to include a statement like
this in the announcement that is sent out for the release. Last I
checked, the 10.3 branch had accumulated almost 90 fixes, and there
has been more than one request from the user community for a new 10.3
release.

I've been sort of curious about whether the release process has gotten
more or less lightweight with the recent changes, I'll see if I can
throw together a 10.3.3 release in my spare time in the next couple of
days unless someone else beats me to it. I'll start a separate thread
about that.

andrew