db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.4 docs on the web page
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:36:14 GMT
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:27 AM,  <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:

>  So is there a script or program to transfrom a *-bin.zip into a 10.x
>  directory suitable for the website? I could do it manually, but it seems
>  easier just to let the links on the doc page reflect the directory
>  structure found the zip file?

Yes, I put one together for 10.3:

#! /bin/bash
mkdir ~/10.3
cd ~/10.3
unzip $1
mv db*bin/docs .
mv db*bin/javadoc ./publishedapi
rm -r db*bin

for i in adminguide devguide getstart ref tools tuning
do
  mv docs/pdf/$i/*.pdf docs/html/$i
  rmdir docs/pdf/$i
done

mv docs/html/* .
rmdir docs/html
rmdir docs/pdf/pt_BR
rmdir docs/pdf
rmdir docs

Pass in the location of the -bin.zip. Move the 10.4 directory that
gets created in your home dir over to /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs

I know I mentioned this on the list around the time of the 10.3
release, it looks like I didn't get around to adding this step or the
script to the release page. Sorry about that.

andrew